[Openais] API inconsistency - evs callback functions

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 10:12:35 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 02:01:14PM +0200, Wojtek Meler wrote:
> I've noticed a little API inconsistency. Every corosync service defines
> callbacks which receive handle obtained from initialize function as
> first argument.
> EVS is different - callbacks don't get handles. Without them one is
> forced to use global / thread variables to remember which handle is
> passed to evs_dispatch.
> Is there any chance to fix API in near future?

I wonder if evs is even used by anything/anyone?  I don't know the history of
how/why it came to exist.  When I first investigated openais years ago, I
looked at the evs service, hoping I could use it, but quickly found it
wouldn't do, so I outlined specifically what I needed and that became cpg.

Dave