[Openais] announcing Corosync 1.0.0 (flatiron) availability

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 11:51:09 PDT 2009

Announcing Corosync 1.0.0 (flatiron) availability

The Corosync Cluster Engine provides a cluster engine that provides
services to community driven cluster stacks and cluster applications.
It is based upon 7 years of implementation and field experience from
OpenAIS and provides:

* On wire compatibility with OpenAIS 0.80.z.
* An excellent implementation of the autotools make system with ports to
Linux, Solaris CSW, BSD, and Darwin.
* Full support for 32 and 64 bit architectures and big and little endian
byte ordering.
* A world class implementation of the Totem protocol supporting
ipv4/ipv6 for cluster communication and integrated membership available
as a shared library.
* Very high performance shared memory IPC system available as a shared
library.
* Well considered and performant flight recorder logging and tracing
system available as a shared library.
* An implementation of the closed process group communication model
available as a C programming API.
* A quorum system available as a C programming API.
* An in-memory configuration database available as a C programming API.
* A daemon that provides the ability to load third party service engines
from projects such as OpenAIS and Pacemaker and connects everything
together.
* GIG-E wire-speed performance on modest hardware via CPG to 32 nodes.
* 700MB/sec throughput single node via CPG on 2.4ghz Nahalem hardware (a
model for where we should land when running on 10-GIG interconnects).

As many of you remember, we formed the Corosync project to do what
should be done at some point in all good open source: throw pragmatism
out the window.  The bar for Corosync quality has been very high, as
shown by our over 740 commits since project formation in July 2008.  The
architecture and implementation of Corosync is absolutely perfect.  As
the community adopts Corosync and hardens the implementation, I believe
everyone using Corosync will be extremely pleased with the results.

I want to personally recognize fellow developers responsible for taking
risks, making sacrifices,  and committing themselves to outstanding
performance.  The individuals responsible for implementing most of what
Corosync is today are:

All the previous contributors to openais development.
Andrew Beekhof
Joel Becker
Lars Marowsky-Bree
Chrissie Caulfield
Jérôme Flesch
Jan Friessen
Lon Hohberger
Jim Meyering
Fabio M. Di Nitto
Ryan O'Hara
Angus Salkeld
David Teigland
Fabien Thomas

I finally want to recognize the various check writers for companies I
have worked that bet on openais or Corosync and gave me an un-tethered
leash to invent.  These individuals are:
Kevin Anderson, Tim Anderson, Ken Keller, Rob Kenna, Bob Monkman, Perry
Myers, and Glenn Seiler.

Download the source or view our future feature roadmap here:
http://www.corosync.org

Regards,
-steve