No subject

Thu Jun 11 16:58:57 PDT 2009

whole SU gets switch-overed, in normal active-standby setup.

And i define DB component (COMP-3) within another SU (SU-2)

When my system runs, i see on active blade (blade-1) all components COMP-1,
COMP-2,COMP-3 getting active status and on standby blade (blade-2)

i see all the components getting standby status.

Where does this CSI (component service instance), SI (service instance) and
SG (service group) come into picture and why do we need them?.

Might be that my requirements don't really need  CSI,SI,SG, but according to
my knowledge most telco box's have what i have explained might be few more
components and SU additional accordingly.

-Thanks for your time.
Harish

--00504502c3c874c0d0046c216439

Hello All,<br><br>I need your help in getting an understanding about these =
terms with an example, i saw few examples on this mailing list which were h=
service unit and component concept well but i didn&#39;t get component serv=
ice instance(CSI), service instance (SI) and <br>
service group (SG) logic well, i read specs and other presentations on web =
br>Use Case:<br><br>Assume i have 3 processes/components, which constitute =
my service<br>
Process-1 Provides DB interface for persistent data storage<br>Process-2 Ca=
 physical box&#39;s (blades) on which i am building the service.<br><br>
I want to have CCL and Billing on same blade always, so i define both of th=
em under single SU (SU-1) as two components, <br>one CCL component (COMP-1)=
 and other Billing component (COMP-2).<br><br>From my understanding, within=
 a service unit, if a component goes down the whole SU gets switch-overed, =
in normal active-standby setup.<br>
 my system runs, i see on active blade (blade-1) all components COMP-1, COM=
P-2,COMP-3 getting active status and on standby blade (blade-2)<br><br>
i see all the components getting standby status.<br><br>Where does this CSI=
 (component service instance), SI (service instance) and SG (service group)=
 come into picture and why do we need them?.<br><br>Might be that my requir=
ements don&#39;t really need=A0 CSI,SI,SG, but according to my knowledge mo=
st telco box&#39;s have what i have explained might be few more components =
and SU additional accordingly.<br>

--00504502c3c874c0d0046c216439--