[Openais] call for roadmap features for future releases

Darren Thompson darrent at akurit.com.au
Sat Jun 27 15:22:31 PDT 2009

Openais Team

I am a user of Heartbeat cluster on SLES10 and have my first
(pre-production) SLES11 HAE cluster.

I'm impressed with how smoothly the transition for Heartbeat to
pacemaker/openais was with this new implementation.

The documentation for SLES 11 / HAE was actually better than that
originally shipped with SLES 10 (which required Brainshare attendance
and hours of internet searching to get enough examples on how to build
the Hearbeat cluster).

So "thank you" to all involved.

Since you are asking for "roadmap" ideas I would like to put a request
in for more FAQ/Example documentation.

In particular:

1. Feature comparison from Heartbeat => Pacemaker/OpenAIS.
2. Migration guidelines and examples from SLES 10/Heartbeat to SLES11
HAE with openais/pacmaker for currently running clusters.
3. A better explanation of the other names that keep popping up
(Corosync, whitetank, totem, AMF etc)
4. An indication of where "non code warriors" can assist with any of
these projects/componets.

Regards
Darren Thompson