[Openais] Very confused again

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Tue Oct 27 04:49:26 PDT 2009

Am Dienstag, 27. Oktober 2009 12:42:57 schrieb Adrian Chapela:
> I am looking again for a better configuration of a Linux Heartbeat Cluster.
>
> Now I think that the direction is to use OpenAis but It is not clear for
> me, because OpenAis is now Corosync (?¿) and the recomendations is not
> use Corosync with Pacemaker. I am very confused and the documentation is
> too poor. Pacemaker has a good documentation but the integration
> documentation is very bad (in both directions cluster stack -> CRM ---
> CRM -> cluster stack).
>
> I am trying to install on a Debian, what is your recomendation ? how
> could I get a cluster infraestructure installed ?

beekhofs recomendation was to use pacemaker with openais 0.80.5 or similar. Do
not use the openais-1.0 from debian lenny. It does not work.

Perhaps you can get the packages from people.debian.org/~madkiss/ha

But you have to test them really good.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42