[Openais] corosync & syslog dependencies

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at redhat.com
Fri Aug 6 18:08:46 PDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 11:06:14AM +0200, Alain.Moulle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> About corosync & Pacemaker use :
>
> in my current release on RHEL6 : corosync-1.2.1-2.el6.x86_64 ,
> the start of corosync requires the service syslog-ng to be started before,
> otherwise, corosync  does not start correctly (and there are multiple
> corosync processes launched, but this is another subject).

Hi Alain

I would have thought that this is the problem to solve (instead of working
around the problem below).

A trivial corosync alone setup doesn't seem to do this, but I'll have a look
at a corosync+pacemaker setup and see what I can do.

Can you give me the logging section of your corosync config and what the
symtoms are?

Thanks
-Angus