[Openais] Multicast

Torsten Bronger bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Mar 9 02:49:59 PST 2010

Hallöchen!

In our two-node cluster, we'd like to give the Pacemaker/OpenAIS
stack a try.  However, while being good at administering a
Linux-based system, we somewhat fail on the low-level network part
of it.

The problem is multicast.  OpenAIS wants a multicast address.  Can
we create one just by configuring the local Linuxes, or is it really
necessary to configure the house switch?

The current plan is to have to interface cards on each node.  eth0
connects both nodes through a cross-over cable, and eth1 connects
them with the house switch (the intranet).

Thank you!

Tschö,
Torsten.

                   Jabber ID: torsten.bronger at jabber.rwth-aachen.de