[Openais] Strange behaviour of corosync

Andreas Mock Andreas.Mock at web.de
Tue Mar 23 12:19:09 PDT 2010

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net>
Gesendet: 23.03.2010 16:35:01
An: sdake at redhat.com
Betreff: Re: [Openais] Strange behaviour of corosync

>> Andrew really did all the work on the init script so he should comment.
>> I believe it is designed to allow pacemaker to shutdown in an orderly
>> fashion as to not stonith the node (which may happen with a kill -9).
>
>Correct.  kill -9 == bad.

IMHO my proposal was a little bit more differentiated.
Besides "kill -9 == bad" I don't see a reason after sending
a kill -TERM and waiting for seconds/minutes or whatever amount of time
not to send a finite kill -9 to corosync.
Because something has gone wrong if corosync is not able to
stop properly. Am I wrong?

Best regards
Andreas Mock