[Openais] Openais Digest, Vol 90, Issue 1

Darren Thompson darrent at akurit.com.au
Fri Jan 27 03:46:33 UTC 2012

mumtaz

I'm still not convinced that your use of corosync ring redundancy is even
solving the correct problem in your case, it looks to me that you have an
invalid network configuration with the two interfaces on the same subnet,
that may be the root of your problems.(You have two interfaces in the same
lan, each with separate IP addresses... I'm not sure that is even good
practice).

I'm not sure why you say this: "Also, bonding of interfaces does not work
for me as I need to interfaces each with a separate address." as I have
regularly used exactly that configuration without error for the last two or
so years...

If you want to separate the Heatrtbeat traffic from other IO traffic you
could just setup VLAN interfaces over the top of the bond.

In either case if you use 802.3ad mode it gives you almost twice the
bandwidth per host, so you get fault tolerance and more bandwidth...
win/win.

Try it, you may be surprised...

Regards
Darren