[Printing-architecture] Ira McDonald has been selected as the new FSG OpenPrinting Chair

Norm Jacobs Norm.Jacobs at Sun.COM
Thu Nov 30 15:09:06 PST 2006

A couple of months ago, I decided to step down as the FSG OpenPrinting Chair.  Over the course of the intervening months, the OpenPrinting Steering committee has gone through a process of nominating candidates for and electing a new Chair.  This process has come to completion and we have elected a new chair.  As my last official act, it gives me great pleasure to announce the selection of Ira McDonald as the new Chair of the FSG OpenPrinting Workgroup.  Ira has been involved in the printing industry and standards since the dawn of time (or at least close to).  He has been instrumental in defining and editing printing related standards in multiple organizations and has acted as a liason to some of those organization through his tenure in FSG OpenPrinting.
Congratulations Ira, we look forward to a productive year.

    -Norm