[Printing-architecture] pdftopdf

Koji Otani sho at bbr.jp
Fri Mar 2 04:03:33 UTC 2012

From: Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: pdftopdf
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 13:55:12 +0000

twaugh> On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 13:36 +0100, Till Kamppeter wrote:
twaugh> > Tim, I did not know that. At least it links against libpoppler.
twaugh> >
twaugh> > Otani-san, is there still code-duplication of XPDF or Poppler in the
twaugh> > pdftopdf filter? Can this be avoided?
twaugh> >
twaugh> > Tim, which version of pdftopdf are you looking at?
twaugh>
twaugh> I'm looking at the pdftopdf from cups-filters-1.0.2.
twaugh>
twaugh> $ grep -l 'Glyph & Cog' *
twaugh> P2PCharCodeToUnicode.cxx
twaugh> P2PCharCodeToUnicode.h
twaugh> P2PCMap.cxx
twaugh> P2PCMap.h
twaugh> P2PGfx.cxx
twaugh> P2PGfx.h
twaugh> parseargs.cxx
twaugh> parseargs.h
twaugh>
twaugh> These are from xpdf aren't they?  Or copied from poppler?
twaugh>

Yes, these files have codes copied from poppler.
pdftopdf uses poppler for what poppler can do.
Some of these files are copied from poppler to compiles it without
 poppler sourcecode files.

----
Koji Otani