[Printing-architecture] pdftopdf

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Fri Mar 2 12:13:38 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-02 at 21:08 +0900, Koji Otani wrote:
> Changes I made are needless for poppler and poppler can't use them.
> I used only a frame of codes in some files.

I don't understand.  Wasn't the whole idea of poppler to avoid having
bits of xpdf copied into every project that wants to do things to a PDF
file?  And doesn't pdftopdf want to do things to a PDF file?

Can you explain why it is that poppler "can't use" the extra bits you've
changed?  Can you describe what they are?  It seems to me that poppler
ought to provide sufficient insight into the structure of a PDF file so
that pdftopdf can do its job.  If it doesn't, that sounds like something
the poppler project would want to provide... no?

Tim.
*/