[Printing-architecture] [Printing-summit] OPS Preparation minutes (28 March 2012)

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 12:29:31 UTC 2012

Hi Daniel,

Yes, any globally scoped function or variable is a potential
source of collision.

A specific instance - a printer manufacturer might link JTAPI
into their implementation of IPP or PWG SM Print (over SOAP).
In that case, we have to be concerned that their original source
code may not always have used good programming practice
with scoping prefixes.

For internal functions that are globally scoped, I suggest that
a distinct prefix such as "opjtint" would be good for readability
and to clarify that the given function/variable is NOT intended
to be used by the application integrator.

Glen - WDYT?

Cheers,
- Ira

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com