[Printing-architecture] [Printing-summit] OPS Preparationminutes (28 March 2012)

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 19:43:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

The MJT is a *first* draft whitepaper in the PWG - NOT a standard
or even a working draft in a chartered PWG working group.

Nonetheless, that whitepaper carries a PWG copyright (it was a
public submission by me, the sole author).  So *I* can submit an
updated draft whitepaper to the PWG at any time.

But the MJT spec can't just be copied into an Open Printing document
format and reissued as an OP working draft without a written copyright
release from PWG.

MJT covers the most common Job attributes - specifically the subset
originally defined in IPP/1.0 (RFC 2566 - now obsoleted by RFC 2911).

Cheers,
- Ira

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com