[Printing-architecture] [Announce] Linux Color Management Hackfest 2012

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri May 25 16:28:54 UTC 2012

During the recent LGM[1] we started to organise a hackfest[2]. The
event aims at bringing developers of the Linux applications and desktops
and experts interested in color management (CM) together and support the
integration of CM inside their open source projects and distributions. The
hackfest will happen

    from 16th until 19th November 2012 in
    Brno, Czech Republic.

The Red Hat offices[3] are kindly offered during the event and be well
equipped for our purpose.

We spotted three main focuses:
* desktop applications, including window managers,
* web browsers and
* printing.
These topics are already worked on, but in a scattered way. By meeting in
person in one place, we want to get something done and build a good
understanding of the role of each participating group for a working end to
end color management.

If you are interested in joining the hackfest, please fill your name and
information on the OpenICC wiki page [4] to help us estimate resources. In
case you need a visa, please write us preferedly soon as mail can take a
while. Submission deadline for obtaining sponsoring will be 30th of
September.

regards,
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--