[Foomatic] Broken Acrobat5 / foomatic-rip / ghostscript

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Thu Feb 12 15:49:39 PST 2004

Dan Devine wrote:
> I've been instructed to repost if the suggested changes do not solve problem.
>
> Here's what I've been instructed to do and the results:
>

>>check these items:
>>
>>* the "FontPath" directive in "/etc/cups/cupsd.conf". Is it set? does the
>>   directory exist? does it contain fonts?
>>

> Yes, the directory exists, further, I edited the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file to
> add a directory in the default ghostscript path, it now reads as follows:
>
> #FontPath /usr/share/cups/fonts : /usr/share/fonts :
> /usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript

Wrong! Should read (from syntax)

     FontPath /usr/share/cups/fonts:/usr/share/fonts:/usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript

i.e. --> no "#"-comment sign / hash mark at beginning of line
      --> only colons (":") separate the paths, no blanks in between.

The paths should of course be valid and really lead to fonts.