[Foomatic] JetDirect(9100/tcp) from lprng.

Mike Mestnik cheako911 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 16:17:41 PST 2004

I coulden't find clear documantation on how to do this.  foomatik-gui said I
soulden't use ipp or socket with lprng.  Also I don't know what DLC/LLC is.

The printer is a LaserJet4, it dose have a jetdirect card but I'm not using
that till later.  For now I just want to use a JD base station.

   ===JetDirect Parameters Configured===

	IP Address	: 10.0.0.3
	Subnet Mask	: 255.255.255.0
	Default Gateway	: 10.0.0.1
	Syslog Server	: Not Specified
	Idle Timeout	: 90 Seconds
	Set Cmnty Name	: Not Specified
	Host Name	: NPI75D599

	DHCP Config	: Disabled
	Passwd		: Disabled
   	IPX/SPX      	: Disabled
   	DLC/LLC     	: Disabled
   	Ethertalk     	: Disabled
	Banner page	: Disabled
User Quitting

overrun:~# nmap 10.0.0.3

Starting nmap 3.50 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2004-02-15 17:58 CST
Interesting ports on 10.0.0.3 (10.0.0.3):
(The 1652 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT     STATE SERVICE
21/tcp   open  ftp
23/tcp   open  telnet
80/tcp   open  http