[Foomatic] JetDirect(9100/tcp) from lprng.

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Mon Feb 16 15:14:05 PST 2004

Mike Mestnik wrote:
> I found this to be true.  The trick I needed I found in a lp and lprng
> howto, silly foomatic-gui didn't know about this.  A simple
> lp=10.0.0.3%9100 did the tric.  I did not find any ipp docs, but I think
> it's best to use sockets any way.  I wonder if the is a foomatic-configure
> bug?

Patrick Powell has done some changes in the LPRng part of
foomatic-configure, perhaps also support for "lp=10.0.0.3%9100".
Patrick, can it be that something is buggy there? If you have an older
foomatic-configure without these changes, you need to have "nc" (netcat)
installed to access socket printers with LPRng.

    Till