[Foomatic] JetDirect(9100/tcp) from lprng.

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Mon Feb 16 17:40:46 PST 2004

Nearly none of the current drivers does bi-di communication with the
printer. HPIJS also does not do bi-di. PJL is used to send commands to
the printer to bring it into certain modes, as for example toner saving
mode. Polling of info from the printer via PJL is neither done by HPIJS
nor by foomatic-rip. foomatic-configure only generates a print queue.
For this no communication with the printer takes place. You can poll
printer capability and PJL option information with
foomatic-getpjloptions, but this does not happen when a printout is done.

    Till