[Foomatic] Canon S400 driver not work on mandrake 9.2

Giorgio TOMBOLA giorgio.tombola at istruzione.it
Thu Feb 19 12:26:23 PST 2004

I'm using Mandrake 9.2 on Compaq Presario 700 EA.

I have a Canon S400 inkjet printer that work correctly just after installing
it. After some (two to five) boots it don't print anymore.
If I open print manager window the icon of the printer have an exclamation mark
on it.
The only way to solve the problem is reintalling the printer. The new
installation works for some reboot and the problem come on again.

I visited your site and first tried using BJC 3000 but the problem remain. Then
I would try with foomatic but I have already foomatic-db 3.0-1.20030908.3mdk on
my Mandrake 9.2
So is it useful download foomatic from the site or it's the same I have
already?
Any other hint?