[Foomatic] Re: CanonS400 broken

Tim McCoy tmccoy at hotPOP.com
Sun Feb 22 05:53:15 PST 2004

Err... it just started working! All I did was set the driver (using
foomatic-gui) to the gnome-print, and pressed OPTIONS to view. The application
crashed with this error:

hackbox:/home/tmccoy# foomatic-gui
Use of deprecated SAXv1 function endElement
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/foomatic-gui", line 757, in on_options_button_clicked
    options = foomatic.get_printer_options(queue)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/foomatic/foomatic.py", line 336, in
get_printer_options
    exec pydata
  File "<string>", line 1
    Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/bin/foomatic-configure line
1089.
         ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Then upon restarting, I just clicked on configure, and ran through the options,
selected the bjc600 driver, and it worked!

Hmmmm.....

Cheers

Tim

In article <c1abs4$30o$1 at poblano.linuxprinting.org>, tmccoy at hotPOP.com (Tim
McCoy) writes:

> The following has been posted to the Canon mailing list:
>
> Hey all,
>
> I've been using my CanonS400 for ages now under Linux, without too many
> hassles. But after my hard drive died, I've had to start again. The Debian
Sid