[Foomatic] How to integrate foomatic driver in SuSE9.0/YAST

Hans Linde hans.linde at t-online.de
Sun Feb 22 11:30:58 PST 2004

Hi,

I have the following question:

I have created a ppd-driver from a set of xml-files with foomatic 2.0.2 for
spooler LPRng according to the tutorial from this site.

The command

>foomatic-configure -s lprng -n X125 -c file:/dev/usb/lp0 -p Lexmark-X125 -d
drv_x125 -o PageSize=A4

created a file called "X125.ppd" in /etc/foomatic

OS is SuSE 9.0 prof. Installed printer spooler is LPRng.
Preinstalled package "foomatic-filters_3.0.0".

What do I have to do to install the printer as standard-printer in YAST? When I
try to manually assign the X125.ppd file to a printer setup in the
YAST/Hardware/Printer setup I get an error "Approriate PPD-File can' t be
loaded" ("Fehler: Es wurde keine passende PPD-Datei heruntergeladen")

Any ideas out there?
Thanks.

Hans