[Foomatic] Ghostscript and PDF

Richard Littell richardl at pscu.org
Mon Feb 23 13:01:46 PST 2004

Hello,

Help would be appreciated!

I am successful in creating a .eps file from a program called Tbarcode for
linux.	I am creating a barcode with this software, by this command:

$command1 = '/usr/local/tbarcode/tbarcodeclient -f/tmp/barcode.eps b20 w80 h50
O d'.$buildBarcodeStr;

With the software I am using it creates a barcode.eps file.  When I run the
following command in ghostscript it produces my pdf:

$command2 = '/usr/bin/gs -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -r300x300
-g800x600 -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -sOutputFile=/tmp/barcode.pdf /tmp/barcode.eps';

All is great until I want to print the pdf.  I can print the pdf file however
there is a bunch of form feed at the beginning of the pdf document.  Do I have
any control over the form feed when I create the pdf on the fly?

Thanks :-)