[Foomatic] Developing a mini-driver

Hamed Hamid hamed at cb.uu.se
Sat Apr 3 06:44:26 PST 2004

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to do the following task on a color
laser printer:

1-the paper comes into the printer and the printer uses its highest
  resolution.
2-the printer prints a pure Magenta picture (a binary bitmap picture) on
  specific area on the paper.
3-on the same area, the printer prints a different pure Cyan picture.
4-on the same area, the printer prints another different pure Yellow
  picture.
5-the paper is going out.

I suppose that the paper is staying totally freezed in its place in the
printer, to be able to get high precision and resolution at microscopic
level. My goal is obtaining homogenius areas of C, M or Y, not mixing
them.

I would like to know at first if that is possible to performe and on which
printer to buy it and write a mini-driver for it. The used OS doesn't
matter.

Thanks in advance,
Hamed