[Foomatic] Bugus print with Lexmark E210/300dpi

Grant Taylor gtaylor+foodev_cfjfj040504 at picante.com
Mon Apr 5 17:48:45 PDT 2004

Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter at gmx.net> writes:

> always. Grant here is a scanned image of a bad 300-dpi-printout of the
> http://bugzilla.conectiva.com.br/attachment.cgi?id=882&action=view
>
> and here is the original PostScript file
> http://bugzilla.conectiva.com.br/attachment.cgi?id=906&action=view

Yeah, that's some other defect; my "intentional" distortion wouldn't
look at all like that, and certainly wouldn't kick in on this image.

Is 300dpi through smartgdi suspected of working, in general?  I don't
recall having tried it.  This distortion looks a bit like the line are
sort of out of phase, which could be a resolution snafu of some sort.

Did we check that connectiva's kit contains my gs modifications?

Has anyone ever run my gs modification and reported back about it?
IIRC I posted it with a buyer beware, having ported it off the top of
my head from a non-gs application I'd previously mangled the gs
smartgdi driver into...

--
Grant Taylor - gtaylor<at>picante.com - http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/
   Linux Printing Website and HOWTO:  http://www.linuxprinting.org/