[Foomatic] Bugus print with Lexmark E210/300dpi

Marcelo Ricardo Leitner mrl at conectiva.com.br
Tue Apr 6 05:07:46 PDT 2004

On Seg Abr 05, 2004 at 20:48:45 -0400, Grant Taylor wrote:
> Yeah, that's some other defect; my "intentional" distortion wouldn't
> look at all like that, and certainly wouldn't kick in on this image.
>
> Is 300dpi through smartgdi suspected of working, in general?  I don't
> recall having tried it.  This distortion looks a bit like the line are
> sort of out of phase, which could be a resolution snafu of some sort.
>
> Did we check that connectiva's kit contains my gs modifications?

Yes, we have your modifications. According to "CHANGES" file, at release
7.07.1rc1 (we are at 7.07.1 final), we can see:

       "Fixed bug in Samsung SmartGDI driver which prevented
       some files from being printed. Thanks to Grant Taylor
       from linuxprinting.org for the fix."

> Has anyone ever run my gs modification and reported back about it?

This is the first report of this kind that I see.

> IIRC I posted it with a buyer beware, having ported it off the top of
> my head from a non-gs application I'd previously mangled the gs
> smartgdi driver into...
---end quoted text---

--
Marcelo Ricardo Leitner <mrl at conectiva.com.br>