[Foomatic] Using usb IDs for autodetection

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Apr 14 01:15:13 PDT 2004

Hello,

On Apr 13 15:41 Grant Taylor wrote (shortened):
> Johannes Meixner <jsmeix at suse.de> writes:
>
> > Up to now I didn't have one single customer question  what to do
> > when a printer was listed but not autodetected or autoconfigured
> > but there are many customer questions what to do when a printer is
> > not listed.
>
> I plugged in a printer yesterday, and it took four restarts of cupsd
> across three systems, and a close and restart of kprinter itself,
> before the stupid thing would show up in the kprinter dialog.

You mix up different things.
Please read again what I really wrote.

I was talking only about the manual selection of the model name
(i.e. two more cklicks to select the manufacturer and then the model).

You are talking about a configuration attempt which really failed.

I really hope that you don't complain if the only(!) thing
you need to do is to select your particular model from a list.

Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX AG, Maxfeldstrasse 5                 Mail: jsmeix at suse.de