[Foomatic] Using usb IDs for autodetection

Joe Shaw joe at ximian.com
Fri Apr 16 09:35:44 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 10:45 +0200, Johannes Meixner wrote:
> I think that you missed the point:
>
> The customers are not as dumb as you think they are.

I don't like the characterization that I think users are "dumb."  In
fact, I hate the term "dumb" generally, because I don't believe users
are stupid.  They might not know anything about how printing works, but
that doesn't make them "dumb".  My goal is to make computers more
accessible and usable to everyone, regardless of their knowledge in a
particular area or even their intelligence in general.

As for the rest of your mail, I think we still disagree on some points
of the usability, but I'm happy to let the thread finally die. :)

Thanks,
Joe