[Foomatic] Epson LQ-850 dot-printer, print problem

Daniel Tihelka dtihelka at kky.zcu.cz
Wed May 19 00:57:01 PDT 2004

Hallo everybody,

I have the Epson LQ-850 dot-mathrix printer and I tried to use it together with
CUPS 1.1.14 and it seems to not work properly. Sorry, if my question is not
appropriate for you; could you tell me, whom to send it in this case?

I downloaded ppd file from linuxprinting.org 'Epson-LQ-850-lq850.ppd' and
configured CUPS via web interface. It was easy without a lot of space for
mistakes. The printer was installed successfully. But when I print "printer
test page" (via CUPS web interface as well), the result loked like each line
doubled and space between lines.

For illustration, if I would have following text to print (---- line does not
belong to printed text):

There is the first printed line
There is the second printed line
There is the third printed line

the printed output would look like:

There is the first printed line
There is the first printed line

There is the second printed line
There is the second printed line

There is the third printed line
There is the third printed line

I can send scanned page to you, if you send me your e-mail address.

Where can be a problem? Is it in the PPD file, 'foomatic_rip' file or somewhere
else in the CUPS processing chain? What should I check? Unfortunatelly, I am
not expert at printing on Linux. I am going to send you any additional
information you will require.

Thank you very much for your help,

Dan