[Foomatic] Looking for developers: processing of Windows EMF files for CUPS, NX, Samba and Freedesktop.org printing

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Thu Jun 10 20:17:48 PDT 2004

That is a great idea. This can not only allow printing on a Windows
client when using NX, it can also make it possible to print on a
winprinter which is not supported by free software, when the printer is
connected to a Windows server or run through a virtual machine running
Windows (VMware, Win4lin, ...).

The EMF generator could perhaps be implemented as a GhostScript driver
and appropriate Foomatic data to control it could be created. If you
decide for going this way, create patches for ESP GhostScript and I
check them into the CVS of ESP GhostScript.

Will you be on the LinuxTag (http://www.linuxtag.org/)? Then we should
meet at the OfficeProductivity booth (at the Window front of the
Gartenhalle) as I am organizing that booth and I am there most of the time.

Or will you have time to come to the Libre Software Meeting in Bordeaux
(http://lsm2004.abul.org/). There you could participate in the Printing
Summit which I am organizing (http://lsm2004.abul.org/rubrique36.html).
I could try to get your travekl expenses paid by LSM.

    Till