[Foomatic] Bug in PPD for HP Photosmart 7960

Khalid Akbar khalidakbar at yahoo.cio.uk
Wed Jun 16 05:17:03 PDT 2004

Hi,

I recently purchased an HP7960 printer and had problems getting it to work with
linux debian.

Eventually I found that the PPD provided in the database required some minor
mods, namely the Model in the original PPD is defined as a deskjet 5550:

93c93 Photosmart7960.ppd
< urer=&quot;HEWLETT-PACKARD&quot; -sDeviceModel=&quot;photosmart 7960&quot&&
---
> urer=&quot;HEWLETT-PACKARD&quot; -sDeviceModel=&quot;deskjet 5550&quot&

There is also a line in the PPD which references the Deskjet 5550 which I did
not change:

CID:hpdeskjet_5550A851;

Changing this enabled printing through CUPS using ghostscript 8.14 with ijs
enabled.

Hope this helps someone.