[Foomatic] Driver for a braille printer

Juan Ramon Jimenez Garcia jjig99 at yahoo.es
Wed Jun 16 23:35:34 PDT 2004

  Hi all,

      I need to develop a driver of linux for a braille printer, but I
do not know very clearly where i have to begin.

First of all i will like to know if somebody is working in this kind of
printers (if there is something done, something developing...)

There is a lot of information and documentation, but also I see many
things to do a driver and i don't know which is the best for me :-/  .

The driver of a braille printer is very simple and, i will basicaly need
the source code of a driver made for a ASCII printer (a plaint text
printer).  Whatever less things are sent to the printer, better.  I have
looked for but I have not found any driver of these characteristics.
Somebody could help me in this search?

Also i'll like to have a place to begin (which files I must write,
compilations, intalling...)

Well, there are many things but i'll be very grateful with any aid to
develop this driver.

Thanks in advance
Juan