[Foomatic] Page length problem in foomatic-rip filter on DotMatrix printer

Suresh Kellemane sureshkellemane at rediffmail.com
Tue Sep 21 02:58:59 PDT 2004

Hi

I have one big problem with foomatic-rip filter on DotMatrix printer. Details
are as follows

Driver: epson lq500

Printer: epson LQ1150 printer

Printing system : CUPS

Flavour: fedora core 1

RIP: foomatic-rip which comes with fedora core 1.

Problem :

There are so many paper sizes like  4x5, 5x7....letter,legal... But if I print
a document from OpenOffice, the paper won't skipp properly. For example, let me
take 5x7 inch paper size and after printing, it should give 7 inch page length.
But I am getting 12 inch page length which is the default page length setting
of printer. Whatever the paper size I select,it gives 12 inch page length.

When I have taken hex dump from the printer, it is clear that filter/driver not
sending page length command.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Suresh Kellemane.