[Foomatic] Driver maintainers?

Stian Sletner stian at sletner.com
Wed Oct 13 10:04:07 PDT 2004

* At 2004-10-13T11:36-0400, Grant Taylor wrote:
:
| So you suggest more a combination of pruning/reorganizing,
| navigational improvements, a single highly visible toplevel overview
| of how stuff works, and assorted detail closer to the support data
| itself?

Coupled with a visual makeover, this doesn't sound bad to me.
Ultimately, it's you who best know what is there and how it should be
presented, which is why I've tried not to make too many concrete
suggestions.  I am not an interface designer.  I'll stick around and
offer any feedback or help that I can though, it's the least I can do in
return for your help.

| Hmm.  Try changing the alignment with the alignment adjusting page.
| Try step 6 from the cups quickstart:
| http://www.linuxprinting.org/cups-doc.html

Well, that was a fun process, and that printout made it perfectly clear
what was off and how much.  The problem is that just like the
redhat-config-printer tool and the CUPS http://localhost settings, ie
every way I've tried to adjust the margins, it doesn't actually have any
effect on the printouts.  I mean, if I could just adjust the margins, I
wouldn't have a problem, it was probably the first thing I tried.  Maybe
something is overriding it at some level?

/etc/cups/ppd/hplj.ppd now contains this, which are the values I fed the
script:

*OpenUI *Margins/Page Margins/Offsets: PickOne
*DefaultMargins: Custom
*Margins Default/Driver Default: ""
*Margins Custom/Custom (set with 'alignmargins'): "<</.HWMargins[14.4 -10 14.4 30.05] /Margins[-7.0867 63.7795]>>setpagedevice"
*CloseUI: *Margins

But, yeah... the goggles, they do nothing.

--
Stian Sletner