[Foomatic] Re: gswrapper unable to set device model

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Thu Oct 14 06:51:02 PDT 2004

Which version of HPIJS do you have and where did you get the PPD file?

The PPD files from linuxprinting.org are always for the very newest
version of HPIJS (currently 1.6.2). If you have an older version (check
with "hpijs -h", but not a PPD file for your printer, it is most
probable that your printer is still not supported by your HPIJS. Please
update to the newest version then. Get it from your distribution's site
or from http://hpinkjet.sf.net/. HPIJS comes together with PPD files
which are exactly for that version.

Please continue the discussion on the HP forum on linuxprinting.org

    Till