[Foomatic] Usage of the /EndPage key with setpagedevice

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed Nov 10 04:44:35 PST 2004

Foomatic-rip uses a special /EndPage procedure to back
page accounting.

As it is implemented currently, it completely defeats any
previously defined EndPage procedure (either defined by the
PostScript generating application/person or by a filter
executed ahead of foomatic-rip, e.g. the alternate pstops
filter).

To fix this, the foomatic /EndPage procedure should either
be prepended or appended (which option to choose requires
some more investigation) to the existing procedure.

Helge

PS: As I'm used to PostScript programming since more than a
decade, I'd offer to implement this modification if the
other maintainers/developers agree.