[Desktop_printing] Printing Summit agenda and schedule

SHIDA, Keisho shida.keisho at canon.co.jp
Thu Mar 30 01:38:22 PST 2006

Hello John:

This is Keisho Shida from Canon Inc.,
On behalf of Free Standards Group OpenPrinting WG Asia/Japan regional team, please allow me to send our participation plan and schedule for upcoming Printing Summit.

In reference to the email sent by TORATANI Yasumasa that described interesting to join with the scheduled OSDL DTL Printing Summit and several email transmissions as well as your latest agenda, we would appreciate it if you could change the subjects that scheduled to be presented/explained by our team member as follows since we may not able to join the meeting on site but via the tele-video conference system.

Please change the current allocated slots as follows.  We would like to participate to the meeting with our key members from major printer vendors who have been dedicated to the API studies and sample implementations.

<Proposed to change>
MONDAY, April 10
     1:30 PM - new agenda
     1:45 PM - new agenda

TUESDAY, April 11
    11:30 AM - new agenda
      2:00 PM - Special options (Robert Krawitz), GhostScript

TUESDAY, April 11
     8:00 PM - Conference call (FSG OP) with Kyoto
     8:00 PM - FSG OP Vector Driver API (Mihara)
     8:15 PM - FSG OP Print Channel Manager API (Ide)
     8:30 PM - FSG OP Print Status Monitoring API (FSG OP Asia/Japan team member)
     8:40 PM - FSG OP Implementation (FSG OP Asia/Japan team member)
                   Vector Driver, Status Monitoring, PDF Renderer
     9:00 PM - Open discussion (including CUPS 1.2 conformance, etc.,)

<Before change>
MONDAY, April 10
     1:30 PM - FSG OP Vector Driver API (Mihara)
     1:45 PM - FSG OP Print Channel Manager API (Ide)

TUESDAY, April 11
    11:30 AM - OpenPrinting vector (OP people)
     2:00 PM - Special options (Robert Krawitz), GhostScript,
                  OpenPrinting conformance (OP people), ...

     8:00 PM - Conference call (FSG OP) with Kyoto
     8:00 PM - FSG OP Status Monitoring Implementation (FSG OP Asia/Japan team)
     8:20 PM - FSG OP Vector Driver Implementation (FSG OP Asia/Japan team)
     8:40 PM - FSG OP Print Channel Manager Implementation (FSG OP Asia/Japan
team)
     9:00 PM - Open discussion

<Scheduled participants>
Mihara (Fuji Xerox Printing Systems), Otani (Axe), Toratani (Canon), Yamagishi (Turbolinux),
Ide (Seiko Epson), Kitayama (Epson Avasys), Kanjyo (BBR), Maruyama (Ricoh), Owa (Fuji Xerox),
Shida (Canon)

<Scheduled presentation and presenter>
API
         Print Channel Manager aka PCM (primary presenter: Ide)
         Vector Driver (primary presenter: Mihara)

Implementation
         Status Monitor (presenter: FSG OP Asia/Japan regional team member)
         Vector Driver (presenter: FSG OP Asia/Japan regional team member)
         PDF Renderer (presenter: FSG OP Asia/Japan regional team member)

<Slide preparation>
Please allow us to have a little more time to prepare them.  Let us forward them to you when they are finalized.

Thank you for your understandings and looking forward to talk with you soon.

Shida/
===