[Portland] RE: [Desktop_printing] Portland tool: xdg-su (Was: Roleof CUPS and error handling)

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Tue Apr 4 14:54:29 PDT 2006

On 4 April 2006 09:46, Michael Sweet wrote:
> On MacOS X (and I'm using it as the example here, because I think
> Apple "got it right"), the authorization dialog functions as both
> sudo and su, allowing the user to enter a different username if
> the current account does not have admin privileges.

And something like this would neatly useful in a lot of places across a
working system:

- 10-day-blocked screensaver unblocking by admin (yes, I know that there are
workarounds but...)
- cups job management with user authentication and admin superceding.

etc.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org