[Tech-board-discuss] Re: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections

Arjan van de Ven arjan at infradead.org
Thu Aug 23 06:43:25 PDT 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:05:21 -0400ve a bit more direct ability to make
> An SPI-like or Debian-like approach with pure democracy might look
> good on paper, but when you have companies donating hundreds of
> thousands of dollars and up to the organization, having a board which
> is elected by mobs of GPLv3 groupies would understandably scare them.
> So we need some way of selecting the kernel developers who are willing
> to invest the time to help the LF do the right thing with the
> resources that they have been given.

one thing here before people bring up the "what about the users"
argument; the Linux Foundation already has a separate forum for getting
input from users as well as a separate forum for "vendors"; the TAB is
aimed at the developer (community) side in this 3-fora structure.