[Accessibility-atspi] [Bulk] atktest-0.1.1

Stew Benedict stewb at aysenterprises.com
Fri Mar 30 10:32:22 PDT 2007

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, George Kraft IV wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 10:33 -0400, Stew Benedict wrote:
> >
> > I get 6 of 6 failures on SLES10 (using lsb-xvfb as the X environment).
> > I know there was some question about using the lsb-tet3-lite vs upstream,
> > but using either one didn't seem to make any difference here. I did:
>
> SLES10 is a "server" and ships less assistive technology components.
> SLED10 is Novell's "desktop" which includes the defacto GNOME 2.12
> accessibility support; however, it is very old (July 2007).
>
> We developed the tests on FC5 with GNOME 2.14 and have been able to run
> them on FC6 with GNOME 2.16 which is what RHEL5 is at.  A good data
> point is that the Gnopernicus screen reader was retired in GNOME 2.16
> and incompatible changes were made to the AT-SPI 1.7.6 daemon.
>
> > Do we intend to add any of this to the spec, or would we need to look at
> > compiling these libs in statically? (cspi/spi seems like it might be key
> > to what we're trying to test).
>
> We are really testing the accessibility toolkit (libatk) which is used
> by applications.  Think of this as being similar to X11.  The LSB
> specifies the application libraries like libX11, but not the Xserver;
> however, the Xserver is used in testing the libraries.

Fair enough. Then it sounds like we need to compile the non-LSB libs
statically, for the test itself to be portable.

> I would try running the tests on a FC6, RHEL5, or Ubuntu system.

OK. I also ran the same test on Mandriva 2007, which has GNOME-2.16,
same 6 failures. And RHEL5, still all 6 fail. (tried both using Xvfb and a
"real" display). (recompiled on Mandriva, just used the binary on RHEL5).

Seems like I'm missing something, to be seeing every test fail across the
board. The app compiles clean, and seems to run. Does one have to be
running GNOME as a desktop environment for it to work?

--
Stew Benedict