[Accessibility-atspi] [Bulk] atktest-0.1.1

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Mar 30 12:34:36 PDT 2007

> Thanks!   It would be fine with me if this code were maintained by the
> LSB or Open A11y on the Linux Foundation server.

where should it go?

once the dependencies (to run the test) are sorted out, they should
get written down in a file dropped the same place the sources go

> SLES10 is a "server" and ships less assistive technology components.
> SLED10 is Novell's "desktop" which includes the defacto GNOME 2.12
> accessibility support; however, it is very old (July 2007).

Sometimes the typos can be quite amusing... it's in the future,
but it's still too old.  That's /so/ GNOME somehow.... :-)

> We developed the tests on FC5 with GNOME 2.14 and have been able to
> run them on FC6 with GNOME 2.16 which is what RHEL5 is at.  A good
> data point is that the Gnopernicus screen reader was retired in GNOME
> 2.16 and incompatible changes were made to the AT-SPI 1.7.6 daemon.

It's not like this question hasn't come up before, but how are we
going to handle the mismatch between the versions LSB currently
describes, and the newer versions required by this work?

It's not, of course, a question unique to atspi, you just are
helping to push this one case of it to the forefront.