[Accessibility-handlers] Agenda for 14 January 2008 Expert Handlers call

Gregory J. Rosmaita unagi69 at concentric.net
Mon Jan 14 10:14:48 PST 2008

aloha, all!

just a reminder and an update -- first the reminder:

the agenda for today's Expert Handlers conference call can be found at:

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessibility/Handlers/Meetings/Agenda20080114.html

while minutes will be logged to:

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessibility/Handlers/Meetings/Minutes20080114.html

now, the "update":

i am still feeling the aftermath of my smoke inhallation incident, which
wasn't as serious as it could have been, but which was far more severe
than first thought, which -- combined with the work on the Open A11y
Specification template -- has prevented me from completing the drafting
of "proposed requirements" for Expert Handlers; however, i would GREATLY
appreciate a discussion of proposed requirements at today's conference
call...

therefore, i regret to report that there has been little progress on the
Unified Use Cases/Flow of Control document,

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessibility/Handlers/UseCases/Unified

since my last update, a week ago...  the latest iteration of the Unified
Use Cases draft can be found at:

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessibility/Handlers/UseCases/Unified/Draft2.01

this unified draft is a work-in-progress whihch merges the Unified Use
Case Draft 2.0 with NS's Expert Handlers & the Flow of Control (Draft 1.0);
it:

1) reflects the decisions about the document made at the Expert Handlers
Call of 17 December 2007

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessibility/Handlers/Meetings/Minutes20071217.html#Topic_1:_Update_on_Progress:_Expert_Handlers_Flow_Control_and_Unified_Use_Case_Drafts

2) contains an updated Braille Use Case which reflects VB's latest
revision of the section (thanks vladmir!)

3) a "Scratch Pad" -- a wiki document that serves as a collection point
for thought exercises and nagging questions that need to be addressed at
some point in the development of Expert Handlers -- for the Unified Use
Cases/Flow of Control document can be found at:

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessibility/Handlers/UseCases/Unified/ScratchPad

gregory.
ACCOUNTABILITY, n. The mother of caution.
                 -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
         Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus at hicom.net
      Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/
UBATS-United Advocates for Talking Signs: http://ubats.org