[Accessibility-ia2] Default text attributes in ATK but not IA2

Pete Brunet brunet at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 29 19:38:22 PDT 2007

A use case would help to understand the need for this method.

Pete Brunet

IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
Voice: (512) 838-4594, TL 678-4594, Fax: (512) 838-9666
Ionosphere: WS4G

Peter Korn <Peter.Korn at Sun.COM>
Sent by: accessibility-ia2-bounces at lists.freestandards.org
06/29/2007 05:49 PM

Aaron Leventhal <aaronlev at moonset.net>
cc
Malte Timmermann <Malte.Timmermann at Sun.COM>, Willie Walker
<William.Walker at Sun.COM>, Ginn Chen <Ginn.Chen at Sun.COM>, Rich Burridge
<Rich.Burridge at Sun.COM>, IA2 list
<accessibility-ia2 at lists.freestandards.org>
Subject
Re: [Accessibility-ia2] Default text attributes in ATK but not IA2

Hi Aaron,

I took this up with a bunch of Sun accessibility folks (and I encourage
you to bring this question to more than the IA2 mailing list).  One
issue we found with StarOffice/OOo is how to efficiently deal with all
of the attributes that can appear in an ODF text document (there are ~30
attributes that can apply to text - do we return all of them? Just those
that are turned on?).  Having a "default" set is a way to simplify that.

I've cc-ed Malte Timmermann of SO/OOo accessibility, and Willie & Rich
of the Orca team, as this is an issue they are dealing with at the
application & AT levels.

Peter

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/atk/AtkText.html#atk-text-get-default-attributes