[Accessibility-ia2] getting relations

James Teh jamie at nvaccess.org
Fri Mar 2 07:20:52 UTC 2012

On 2/03/2012 3:42 PM, Alexander Surkov wrote:
> If we add relations count as out argument then we get rid the idea of
> lazy relations calculation. Iirc that was a primary reason of
> IEnumVariant usage but I missed the point that IEnumVariant requires
> the AT client to allocate the memory. So I think we should introduce
> interface similar to IEnumVariant where the server allocates the
> memory. That'll be similar to IAccessibleTable2 approach.
If I understand correctly, that would require a separate call to fetch
each relation, which might not be desirable in some cases and also
defeats the point of IEnumVARIANT. (If we're going to do that, we may as
well have the function take an additional parameter specifying the index
of the relation to fetch and return NULL when there are no more.)

What about a boolean specifying whether the count is desired?
Alternatively, the count could be an in, out parameter which doesn't
return the count if it's NULL, though I'm not sure if that is
particularly elegant.

Jamie

--
James Teh