[Accessibility] FSG Accessibility Workgroup Web site TODO's

T. V. Raman tvraman at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 10 08:36:14 PDT 2003

One of the biggest issues with the various PHP templates is their
penchant for generating multiple levels of nested tables.

If you look at what they are doing, you can often do away with one or
more levels of these nestings,
and you'll end up with a light-weight version that draws fast and is
accessible.

Also, if we do this work -we should share it with the PHP community
and have this accessible virus infect other OSS WWW sites --including
sourceforge.net and freshmeat.net as prime candidates.

    Sharon> Hi all,

    Sharon> I've been working on an FSG Accessibility Workgroup Web
    Sharon> site TODO list based on the http://www.linuxbase.org Web
    Sharon> site. I have also installed PHP-Nuke locally and plan to
    Sharon> work on generating an accessible theme. Some of the items
    Sharon> the group need to start working on are as follows:

    Sharon> - Do we want any particular type of theme (ie; black and
    Sharon> white, etc.)?  - Develop and test theme for accessibity.
    Sharon> - The mission statement will be on the first page, we need
    Sharon> to finalize it.  - Links to information on this site, such
    Sharon> as mailing list info, minutes, FAQs, and goals. Any
    Sharon> others?  - Will the group have sub-committees?  - Graphics
    Sharon> or logo?  - Slogan?  - Latest news?

    Sharon> Please provide recommendations and input. You help is
    Sharon> greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Sharon Snider Linux
    Sharon> Accessibility, and Information Development IBM Linux
    Sharon> Technology Services (512) 838-4127, T/L 678-4127

Best Regards,
--raman
T. V. Raman:  PhD (Cornell University)
IBM Research: Human Language Technologies
Architect:    Conversational And Multimodal WWW Standards
Phone:        1 (408) 927 2608   T-Line 457-2608
Fax:        1 (408) 927 3012     Cell: 1 650 799 5724
Email:        tvraman at us.ibm.com
WWW:      http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman
AIM:      TVRaman
PGP:          http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman.asc
Snail:        IBM Almaden Research Center,
              650 Harry Road
              San Jose 95120