[Accessibility] FSG Proposed Accessibility Workgroup Web site

Sharon D Snider snidersd at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 28 11:44:11 PDT 2003

Hi Janina,

This was the list provided to all of us before our first  workgroup
meeting. I put the list in alphabetical order and included it on the site.
If you would like to rearrange the list, please reorganize it how you would
like it to appear and I'd be happy to update it.

Also, I did notice that AFB was not included, as well as W3C, but I haven't
had time to look up additional Web site URL's.  However, I did try to
verify that all the links were accurate. Also, please advise of any new
organizations you would like to add, including the URL, or any you think I
need to delete.

Thanks,
Sharon Snider
Linux Accessibility, and Information Development
IBM Linux Technology Services
(512) 838-4127, T/L 678-4127

                      Janina Sajka
                      <janina at rednote.n        To:       Sharon D Snider/Austin/IBM at IBMUS
                      et>                      cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: [Accessibility] FSG Proposed Accessibility Workgroup Web site
                      04/28/2003 01:25
                      PM

Hi, Sharon:

I think this is a great start. Thanks.

One major question I have is about the various groups for which we
provide links. Did you have any particular organizing principle for
determining who should be on this list?

It looks more like an omnibus list of everyone you had a URL for to me.
I'm not sure this is very useful, in that case. For example, I don't
know that we help anybody by replecating what they can already get on
Google. And, we're bound to always forget some "important,"
organization--like the one I work for! <grin>

Perhaps a more useful organizational principle might be:

1.)          Other Accessibility Standards & Legal Mandates
2.)          Further Reading

In the first, I'd put things like the W3C's WAI, the 508 regs, the
European CEN initiative, AFB's 'About P{DF' White Paper, etc.

In #2 I'd put pointers to Google, ittatc.org, etc.

Thoughts, anyone?

http://accessibility.freestandards.org