[Accessibility] RoadMap Item: AT-SPI

Matthew Wilcox willy at fc.hp.com
Tue Apr 29 08:30:30 PDT 2003

Reformatted for everyone's convenience:

AT-SPI as a means of working towards US section 508, Europe's CEN,
Japan's ???, and Australia's ??? programs.  (or part thereof that could
agreed on with perhaps some minor exclusions.)

This will gain us - key components for desktop/windowing environments.
Lays out the responsibilities of the application vs the AT layer and the
kernel.  We have early signs that major Xwindow environments (GNOME and
KDE at least) will both be able to adopt this without major disagreement.

This can be made to work with Internationalization.  The Service Provider
Interface is more generic than just a program interface.  Between the
AT-SPI and the ATK we should be able to implement the libraries in a
number of environments.

--
It's always legal to use Linux (TM) systems
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/why-free.html