[Accessibility] December 4, 2003 Draft Minutes

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Thu Dec 4 06:30:22 PST 2003

John Goldthwaite wrote:

>That's a great idea and should be emphasized in the NSF request.
>Generalizing AT/SPI should also be a area for research funding.

Just to clarify - at-spi is already generalized and exists and runs on
non-Linux systems - for instance
Solaris, FreeBSD, MacOSX (at least in part), and possibly other
operating systems.  In fact, parts of the accessibility work are
available for Windows, thanks to the porting efforts of others.

I agree with Peter that we should not use the word 'Linux' on its own in
descriptions of our work or minutes, unless we are specifically
referring to issues affecting Linux only.

- Bill