[Accessibility] Call for Submissions -- April 2005, London

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Dec 18 07:51:04 PST 2003

I have just received the announcement below. I propose that we make some
kind of major presentation at this conference. I leave it up to our
January teleconferences (and following) to decide exactly what we might
want to present. Meanwhile, it would be good to become aware of this
event.

The Royal National Institute of the Blind (RNIB) is delighted to host
Vision
2005, the 8th international conference and exhibition organised under
the
auspices of the International Society for Low-vision Research and
Rehabilitation.

The cutting-edge programme will cover a broader range of themes than
ever
before, and already includes an impressive array of keynote speakers.
Find
out more on the conference website at http://www.rnib.org.uk/vision2005.

Potential speakers are now invited to submit abstracts online via the
conference website. A full range of presentation opportunities is
available,
including oral, round table discussions and posters.

Formal registration will begin in April 2004, but you can register your
interest online now. Why not bookmark the site to keep in touch with the
latest updates.

We look forward to welcoming you to London in April 2005.

Best wishes,
Jon Barrick
Director, Vision 2005
http://www.rnib.org.uk/vision2005

Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group