[Accessibility] Anouncing Free Standards WG,Wednesday, 26 February

Bill Haneman bill.haneman at sun.com
Wed Feb 26 06:06:35 PST 2003

I attach a first cut of a 'mission' statement for consideration and
review.  The second paragraph is very rough but I hope it identifies two
messages: we seek a common and comperhensive API/ABI for assistive
technologies and ALSO some sort of API standardization (whether binary
or not) for use on the application-toolkit level.

I did not mention the eventual possible goal of certifying applications,
perhaps others will see ways of suggesting this without bloating the
mission statement too much.  Using the LSB overall mission statement as
a model, I presume we are aiming for only about two sentences.

Perhaps this will be a useful starting point for discussion...

best regards,

Bill

--
Bill Haneman <bill.haneman at sun.com>